At groups we are enjoying getting ready for the Festivities ahead, learning how to still lose weight successfully during this more challenging time of the year. From the preparations of Christmas Shopping – not only the present buying trips and food shop but also the joy of buying a new outfit for a party or for the big day itself in that all important smaller size – through to the celebrations, the works Christmas Do, the friends get together and the family celebrations. We’ve had fun in group learning about better food and drink choices, how to plan ahead to protect our weight loss journeys and how to put together a beautiful menu for lots of different situations.
The Christmas Day Menu
To Start –
Homemade tomato and basil soup (see recipe below)
Hot smoked salmon with prawns
The Main Event –
Roast lean Turkey
Slimming World sausages wrapped in lean bacon
Slimming World roast potatoes (see recipe beow)
Slimming World roast parsnips
Sprouts, Carrots, peas, cauliflower
To Finish – a choice of
Fresh fruit salad
Slimming World Christmas pudding
Slimming World Baileys Cheesecake
We’ve shared lots of delicious recipes with each other to help and support each other through the weeks and will continue to do so right through December, through the Christmas holidays and on through to the new year. Our groups are held every single week, 52 weeks of the year so that all important support in group is there every single week. It’s never too late to join us and if you want to get started now before the New Year is here come along and join us and get a head start on that weight loss you want to achieve in 2018.
We welcome new members every week. I look forward to meeting you.
So from all of us at both Eastington and Stonehouse groups we wish you a
Very Happy Christmas and Healthy New Year.
Best wishes, Lorna x
Slimming World Roasties
● Par boil your potatoes for five minutes and drain
● Fluff up the surface of the potatoes by shaking them in the pan or colander, this will make them crispy on the outside.
● Put into a non-stick roasting pan, mist with low calorie cooking spray, sprinkle lightly with sea salt, garlic and grated lemon zest and bake in a moderate pre-heated oven for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
● Tip: For even more flavour add sage leaves or sprigs of rosemary to the potatoes
Tomato and Basil soup
Low calorie cooking spray
900g ripe tomatoes, 1 tsp dried oregano
1 large onion chopped, 2 garlic cloves crushed
1 litre hot vegetable stock
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves, to garnish
● Arrange tomatoes on a baking tray, spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and sprinkle with the oregano. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes start to soften and the skins begin to char.
● Meanwhile place the onion and garlic in a large, heavy-based saucepan with 300ml of the stock. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
● Peel and chop the roasted tomatoes and add to the pan along with the remaining stock. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
● Purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Return the soup back to the pan to reheat, season well and add the basil. Serve garnished with some roasted cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.