PROGRESS TO DATE
Chipmans Platt – The Chipmans Platt phase of works is nearing completion. The final stage will see us surfacing the footpaths and this will take place in early February. Once finalised we will also be able to open the new toucan crossing, providing further safety for pedestrians using the crossing.
Oldends Lane – Utility Service diversions by Severn Trent Water and Gigaclear are currently being done. Once this work is completed we will return to the area and we hope to be finished here by the end of February.
Horsetrough Roundabout – Work is progressing well here and we are currently waiting for BT to divert cables on the Eastbound side. Work on the Westbound approach is also making steady progress. We need to use the pavement at the moment so there is a safe alternative walkway in place here.
LOOK AHEAD PROGRAMME
Over the next month we will be working in the following areas:
- Surfacing works will begin at Oldends Lane mid-February for a week. The works will be carried out over night under traffic lights. Advanced notices will be issued at the start of February.
- Severn Trent Water diversion works at Oldends Lane will continue, completing end of January.
- Footpath surfacing at Oldends Lane will complete early February.
- Works at Downtown and Horsetrough will continue. Please follow the footpath diversions in this area for your safety.
- Works will start at Downton Road junction in February. Works will begin with the removal of trees and vegetation. We will give local residents near this site information on exactly when this work will start so look out for a letter from us.
Following our donation to the hamper scamper appeal in December we have received a lovely email thanking us for our support. The campaign delivered a total of 1,757 food hampers and around 2,000 gifts to vulnerable individuals and families struggling at Christmas.
You can see full details of the scheme at