A warm welcome is extended to everyone to come to our series of 2019 illustrated talks held in Frampton on Severn which we hope will be of interest to local people.
The talks are on Friday evenings starting at 7.30pm in our Village Hall and are organised by Frampton on Severn Village Society, which raises funds for various village projects.
You need not be a member of the Society to attend and the cost is £3.50/per person, but entrance is cheaper for members and tea/coffee plus biscuits are provided for all!
For more information please contact
Paul Bradly on 01452 742184 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates for your Diary – 2019 Talks
- 25th Jan: 1607, The Great Severn Estuary Flood – Rose Hewlett
- 22nd Feb: A Time of Change: Frampton on Severn in the Victorian period – Jean & David Speed
- 22nd March: The Lock Keeper, Distributionist & Nightwalker:
Ivor Gurney’s friendship with F W Harvey in WWI & Framilode’s connection – Tony Condor
- 26th April: The Severn: stories & songs by 2 ‘Severn Bores’ – Bill Church & Dan Everett
- 17th May: Men behaving badly: Social & individual discontent in the Stroud Valley and beyond – Ian Mackintosh
- 28th June: The History of Aviation in Gloucestershire – Barry Simon
- Mid-Aug: Annual visit to be confirmed
- 27th Sept: Around the World in 80 images – Peter Berry
- 25th Oct: AGM & Bill Wood Memorial presentation.
- 22nd Nov: A monstrous commotion: The mysteries of Lock Ness – Gareth Williams
- 7th Dec: Annual Christmas Dinner